Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Semitic language spoken in Tigray.Compare with Tigre
- ‘Many Kunama speakers have become bilingual, with a predominance of Tigrinya as a second language.’
- ‘He's on a mission to celebrate and preserve Tigrinya, his native language.’
- ‘The English speaker desirous of learning Tigrinya is going to need some assistance with the sound system.’
- ‘Television is available, with broadcasts three evenings a week in both Tigrinya and Arabic.’
- ‘The official languages were Tigrinya and Arabic.’
The name in Tigrinya.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.