One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specialized connection of two adjacent animal cell membranes such that the space usually lying between them is absent.
- ‘The elastases disrupt the integrity of the epithelial barrier by disrupting epithelial cell tight junctions and interfering with mucociliary clearance.’
- ‘A tight junction between the type I cell and brush cell occurs at this site.’
- ‘Diffusion barriers have been formed in various cell membranes, including the tight junction, the neck of the bud of the budding yeast, and the boundaries between different compartments in the sperm.’
- ‘Early in the disease process, there are copious amounts of pulmonary secretions, which are associated with gaps in the tight junctions.’
- ‘The tight junctions between cells help to prevent microbial invasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.