One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offensive end who lines up close to the tackle.
- ‘He uses sound technique to beat fullbacks, tight ends and offensive tackles.’
- ‘He's one of the league's quickest linebackers and can cover tight ends and running backs.’
- ‘The running game is helped by a one-back set featuring two tight ends or three wide receivers.’
- ‘The team set out to find a strong safety, a tight end and a backup defensive tackle with its three picks.’
- ‘On passes, the offense relies on tight ends to block linebackers and sometimes defensive ends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.