One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It came as Tallon fought tigerishly to win possession.’
- ‘Rangers needed at least the point, and defended tigerishly to prevent a goal as Tarbert also sought the point to give them the point they required.’
- ‘However, Sligo's defence was heroic, with the pack halting mauls on the line, and when the ball was released, the Sligo wing forwards and backs tackled tigerishly.’
- ‘Albion, to their credit, defended tigerishly for a side who had shipped six against Liverpool the week before.’
- ‘It is hard not to have some sympathy for Clarke, who had fought tigerishly without much reward for most of the round.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.