One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It came as Tallon fought tigerishly to win possession.’
- ‘However, Sligo's defence was heroic, with the pack halting mauls on the line, and when the ball was released, the Sligo wing forwards and backs tackled tigerishly.’
- ‘Rangers needed at least the point, and defended tigerishly to prevent a goal as Tarbert also sought the point to give them the point they required.’
- ‘It is hard not to have some sympathy for Clarke, who had fought tigerishly without much reward for most of the round.’
- ‘Albion, to their credit, defended tigerishly for a side who had shipped six against Liverpool the week before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.