One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aggressive shark of warm seas, with dark vertical stripes on the body.
Galeocerdo cuvieri, family Carcharhinidae
- ‘Three types of sharks are common in the area: the sand tiger shark, bull shark and scalloped hammerhead.’
- ‘My mind automatically classified it as a tiger shark.’
- ‘The average tiger shark is about ten feet (three meters), but some can grow over 15 feet long.’
- ‘One hapless tourist was bitten by a tiger shark while swimming with dolphins out in deep water.’
- ‘In Hawaii, the only known predator of adult balloonfish is the tiger shark.’
tiger shark/ˈtīɡər SHärk/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.