One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall lily that has orange flowers spotted with black or purple.
- ‘I looked at my desk and saw a beautiful orange tiger lily, my favorite flower.’
- ‘We walked to the back of the garden, and once again, I found myself surrounded by my favorite flower, the tiger lily.’
- ‘Jordan reached out a hand tentatively to finger the large, vibrant tiger lily that lay amongst some greens in a small corsage box.’
- ‘My favorite flowers are tiger lilies and pink roses.’
- ‘The tiger lily has played a very important role in the development of the Asiatic hybrids and other lilies.’
tiger lily/ˈtīɡər ˌlilē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.