One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellowish-brown semiprecious variety of quartz with a silky or chatoyant luster, formed by replacement of crocidolite with chalcedony.
- ‘She had amazing fiery eyes amber, that reminded me of that stone, tiger's eye.’
- ‘This process of elimination continued until he was only left with his tiger's eye and his moonstone.’
- ‘You will need a solar stone, such as citrine, yellow topaz, carnelian or yellow tiger's eye.’
- ‘Charlie recognized it as the stone she wore around her neck; tiger eye.’
- ‘The minerals in my set include fluorite, a very pretty piece of sodalite, and a nice piece of polished tiger eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.