A decorative strip of fabric or cord, typically used for holding an open curtain off to the side of the window.
- ‘I haven't witnessed as much fussing with curtain tie-backs since I last tuned into Changing Rooms.’
- ‘Side panels can be fully operational to traverse across your window, or they can be stationary - held in place by tie-backs or ornate holdbacks.’
- ‘The tasseled cord tie-backs give the indulgent fabric a monkish touch.’
- ‘However, it's increasingly common to see decorative drapery rods, poles, finials, tie-backs, brackets and accent pieces as the focal point of the window - and, indeed in some cases, of the entire room.’
- ‘Extravagantly romantic lace, ribbons, tie-backs and bows will also be very much in vogue.’