One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for coreopsis
- ‘Look closely at the beautiful flowers common to this region including tickseeds and wild petunias.’
- ‘The flowers (especially the middle) look like some tickseeds, but the leaves look much more like a helianthus.’
- ‘They were continuing to center their nectaring activities on tickseeds, thistles, and goldenrod.’
- ‘All tickseeds in Florida, except Swamp Tickseed, have yellow ray flowers.’
- ‘Many other tickseeds have similar flowers, but differ vegetatively and ecologically.’
Mid 16th century: so named because of the resemblance of the seed to a parasitic tick.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.