Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any fever transmitted by the bite of a tick.
- ‘Another possibility is that Clark contracted tick fever, a zoonotic infection.’
- ‘An epidemic of tick fever in the late nineteenth century forced cattle raisers to seek public assistance in eradicating the disease.’
- ‘‘My son has tick fever,’ Ben shouted to the crowd.’
- ‘In many areas of Africa, tick fever is prevalent.’
- ‘Some species can transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, and Colorado tick fever.’
tick fever/tik ˈfēvər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.