One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a division of the Sino-Tibetan language family that includes Tibetan, Burmese, and a number of other languages spoken in mountainous regions of central southern Asia.
- ‘The Newars, who are thought to be the original inhabitants of the Kathmandu Valley, speak a Tibeto-Burman language known as Newari.’
- ‘In addition, a language with no relatives at all, Nahali, is spoken in central India, whereas in the east, Tibeto-Burman and Munda languages are spoken.’
- ‘The Tibeto-Burman languages are spoken in Tibet, Nepal, Burma, western China, and the Assam State in India.’
- ‘In the northeastern hills, numerous Tibeto-Burman languages are spoken.’
- ‘They speak Tibeto-Burman languages and are also conversant in Indo-European languages, such as Hindi or Assamese.’
- ‘Newari, a Tibeto-Burman language written in the Devanagari script, is spoken in the Kathmandu Valley.’
- ‘The Nagas, a Tibeto-Burman speaking Mongol people, have a population of around three million, 90% of them Christian.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.