Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a breed of gray, black, cream, or particolored terrier with a thick shaggy coat.
- ‘Nellie is a posh dog, a Tibetan terrier, and she's as cute and as doggy as you could possibly get.’
- ‘Himalayan breeds such as the Mastiff, the Lhasa Apso and the Tibetan terrier are safe in Europe and America.’
- ‘They would walk in the fields with their three Tibetan terriers.’
- ‘I have a Tibetan terrier, Dinky, who looks exactly like me - we're going grey together.’
- ‘She is speaking of her husband Wayne Pate, with whom she lives in Brooklyn with their Tibetan terrier Lucy and cats Daisy and Tittens.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.