Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a breed of small white, brown, or black dog with a silky coat of medium length.
- ‘Owning a Tibetan Spaniel is not a matter to be treated lightly.’
- ‘The Tibetan Spaniel is a relatively healthy breed with only one documented hereditary problem.’
- ‘The loyal and affectionate Tibetan Spaniel thrives on human companionship, forming a strong bond with their owners and family.’
- ‘Apparently the correct definition of his mongrelism is that he is a retriever and Tibetan spaniel cross.’
- ‘Especially popular in monasteries, the Tibetan spaniel was prized for its loyalty and usefulness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.