One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The religion of Tibet, a form of Mahayana Buddhism. It was formed in the 8th century AD from a combination of Buddhism and the indigenous Tibetan religion. The head of the religion is the Dalai Lama.
- ‘You probably know that in Tibetan Buddhism we have many incarnate Lamas.’
- ‘To begin with, what feature of Tibetan Buddhism do you think differentiates it from other types of Buddhism or other spiritual paths?’
- ‘What I found especially helpful was a discussion of Tibetan Buddhism and the Dalai Lama, put into a wider context.’
- ‘These were the four great schools of Tibetan Buddhism, which will be introduced below.’
- ‘The best known face of Tibetan Buddhism is the Dalai Lama, who has lived in exile in India since he fled Chinese occupation of his country in 1959.’
- ‘He said there are approximately 150 Tibetan Buddhist groups and more than 500,000 believers in Tibetan Buddhism in Taiwan.’
- ‘So we refer today to Japanese Buddhism, Chinese Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘The first six of these nine vehicles are common to all schools of Tibetan Buddhism, whereas the last three, the Innermost Tantras, are exclusive to the Nyingma tradition.’
- ‘He is considered the No.3 leader of Tibetan Buddhism after the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama.’
- ‘The main religion is Lamaism, which is the Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘Many further speculative explanations of the significance of the mantra are found in Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘Mahamudra, the practice of looking directly at the mind, is the pinnacle of meditation and study in the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘All walks of life watched this Buddhist reincarnation espouse the basic tenets of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘According to one estimate, three out of four Western visitors to the spiritual center of Tibetan Buddhism and the seat of the Dalai Lama are Jewish.’
- ‘She left a number of wonderful books about her adventures and her treatises on Tibetan Buddhism as a religious doctrine.’
- ‘Hierarchy is very important in the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘But the Dalai Lama, who is the recognised leader of Tibetan Buddhism, is careful not to drown his audiences in too many technical Buddhist concepts.’
- ‘In Tibetan Buddhism, the Lama has such an elevated and important role.’
- ‘The second most prominent spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism is the Panchen Lama, followed by the Karmapa Lama.’
- ‘A central practice in Tibetan Buddhism is positive perception.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.