Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself’
- ‘Does your content obey the first commandment of good copy: ‘Thou shalt put thy customer before thyself.’’
- ‘Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.’
- ‘The first step, as always, comes from knowing thyself.’
- ‘We must respond - we must respond to that ancient command: ‘Physician, heal thyself.’’
- ‘But if you don't take the time to pamper thyself, you'll become less able to crank.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.