One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘A close examination of the thysanopteran ‘pupa’, however, reveals that it does not undergo any internal transformation.’
- ‘Many thysanopterans disperse over short distances or migrate over large areas, and mass flights are observed.’
- ‘It would not be an exaggeration to describe him as ‘a man for all seasons’ when it comes to his thysanopteran research endeavours.’
- ‘He showed that the thysanopterans are efficiently removed from plants only by small ant species that are able to enter inside floral structures to capture them.’
- ‘Thrips, as thysanopterans are commonly called, are slender and may be winged or wingless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.