One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland which regulates the production of thyroid hormones.
- ‘Of these, eight had been treated with thyroxine for an abnormal test result for thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and all considered their menstrual loss to have returned to normal.’
- ‘The evaluation of erectile dysfunction includes a sexual history, a genital examination, a serum testosterone level, and prolactin and thyrotropin levels.’
- ‘The response to thyroxine in patients with positive autoantibodies or abnormal thyrotrophin releasing hormone responses did not differ from that in other participants; numbers were too small for detailed analysis.’
- ‘Some investigators have claimed that lead affects both peripheral thyroid hormone levels and basal and stimulated thyrotrophin levels in lead-exposed males.’
- ‘Anterior pituitary function was investigated in five patients using glucagon, thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and gonadotrophin releasing hormone challenge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.