Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hyperthyroidism
- ‘This mechanism is thought to be important in some forms of laxative abuse, diabetic diarrhoea, and thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘Clinical hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis, is caused by the effects of excess thyroid hormone and can be triggered by different disorders.’
- ‘Too much hormone production, for a variety of reasons, many of which are still unknown, and you get hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘Ten respondents reported thyrotoxicosis before hypothyroidism, and 4 reported hypothyroidism before thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘In contrast, the presence of goiter, hand tremor, and exophthalmos suggests thyrotoxicosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.