One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hyperthyroidism
- ‘Clinical hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis, is caused by the effects of excess thyroid hormone and can be triggered by different disorders.’
- ‘Ten respondents reported thyrotoxicosis before hypothyroidism, and 4 reported hypothyroidism before thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘Too much hormone production, for a variety of reasons, many of which are still unknown, and you get hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘This mechanism is thought to be important in some forms of laxative abuse, diabetic diarrhoea, and thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘In contrast, the presence of goiter, hand tremor, and exophthalmos suggests thyrotoxicosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.