Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the thyroid.
- ‘Hashimoto thyroiditis, which results from an autoimmune process that damages the thyroid and blocks thyroid hormone production, is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in children.’
- ‘Several researchers have reported possible effects of organochlorinated substances on endocrine autoimmune disorders, including thyroiditis and type II diabetes.’
- ‘The patient, a 37-year-old woman with a history of breast carcinoma, presented clinically with acute thyroiditis.’
- ‘Beals also suffered from thyroiditis, an inflammation of the thyroid gland that contributes to fatigue.’
- ‘In our group of 801 respondents, there were 14 reported cases of Hashimoto's thyroiditis.’
- ‘We conclude that selenium substitution may improve the inflammatory activity in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis, especially in those with high activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.