One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the thyroid.
- ‘The patient, a 37-year-old woman with a history of breast carcinoma, presented clinically with acute thyroiditis.’
- ‘We conclude that selenium substitution may improve the inflammatory activity in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis, especially in those with high activity.’
- ‘Hashimoto thyroiditis, which results from an autoimmune process that damages the thyroid and blocks thyroid hormone production, is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in children.’
- ‘Several researchers have reported possible effects of organochlorinated substances on endocrine autoimmune disorders, including thyroiditis and type II diabetes.’
- ‘In our group of 801 respondents, there were 14 reported cases of Hashimoto's thyroiditis.’
- ‘Beals also suffered from thyroiditis, an inflammation of the thyroid gland that contributes to fatigue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.