One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the thyroid.
- ‘In our group of 801 respondents, there were 14 reported cases of Hashimoto's thyroiditis.’
- ‘Hashimoto thyroiditis, which results from an autoimmune process that damages the thyroid and blocks thyroid hormone production, is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in children.’
- ‘We conclude that selenium substitution may improve the inflammatory activity in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis, especially in those with high activity.’
- ‘Several researchers have reported possible effects of organochlorinated substances on endocrine autoimmune disorders, including thyroiditis and type II diabetes.’
- ‘Beals also suffered from thyroiditis, an inflammation of the thyroid gland that contributes to fatigue.’
- ‘The patient, a 37-year-old woman with a history of breast carcinoma, presented clinically with acute thyroiditis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.