One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Removal of the thyroid gland by surgery.
- ‘After a couple of weeks it transpired that decisions had been taken for Lennie to undergo mitral valve surgery and a thyroidectomy.’
- ‘A 72-year-old woman with a multinodular enlargement of the thyroid gland underwent a subtotal bilateral thyroidectomy because of a progressive tracheal compression.’
- ‘A right thyroidectomy was subsequently performed.’
- ‘Between July 2001 and July 2002, 60 patients undergoing thyroidectomy at a hospital in Mexico were randomly assigned to one of two groups.’
- ‘The patient received palliative radiation to the neck and systemic chemotherapy, but she died of widely metastatic disease approximately 2 years after the thyroidectomy.’
- ‘Treatment prognosis is mixed with thyroidectomy usually recommended with subsequent lifelong obligatory thyroid replacement therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.