One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Removal of the thyroid gland by surgery.
- ‘A right thyroidectomy was subsequently performed.’
- ‘Treatment prognosis is mixed with thyroidectomy usually recommended with subsequent lifelong obligatory thyroid replacement therapy.’
- ‘Between July 2001 and July 2002, 60 patients undergoing thyroidectomy at a hospital in Mexico were randomly assigned to one of two groups.’
- ‘After a couple of weeks it transpired that decisions had been taken for Lennie to undergo mitral valve surgery and a thyroidectomy.’
- ‘A 72-year-old woman with a multinodular enlargement of the thyroid gland underwent a subtotal bilateral thyroidectomy because of a progressive tracheal compression.’
- ‘The patient received palliative radiation to the neck and systemic chemotherapy, but she died of widely metastatic disease approximately 2 years after the thyroidectomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.