One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thyrotropin
- ‘A sensitive thyroid-stimulating hormone test should be drawn on patients to determine those with thyrotoxicosis or hypothyroidism.’
- ‘The student planned to decrease her dose of medication in response to an elevated thyroid-stimulating hormone level.’
- ‘He then delves into thyroid physiology and the effect of thyroid hormones on peripheral tissues, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and thyrotropin-releasing hormone.’
- ‘It is an autoimmune disease caused by an antibody, active against the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor, which stimulates the gland to synthesize and secrete excess thyroid hormone.’
- ‘Once a stable dosage is achieved, annual monitoring of the thyroid-stimulating hormone level is probably unnecessary, except in older patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.