One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thyrotropin
- ‘The student planned to decrease her dose of medication in response to an elevated thyroid-stimulating hormone level.’
- ‘It is an autoimmune disease caused by an antibody, active against the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor, which stimulates the gland to synthesize and secrete excess thyroid hormone.’
- ‘He then delves into thyroid physiology and the effect of thyroid hormones on peripheral tissues, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and thyrotropin-releasing hormone.’
- ‘Once a stable dosage is achieved, annual monitoring of the thyroid-stimulating hormone level is probably unnecessary, except in older patients.’
- ‘A sensitive thyroid-stimulating hormone test should be drawn on patients to determine those with thyrotoxicosis or hypothyroidism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.