One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the thymus gland or its functions.
- ‘Routine sections revealed normal thymic tissue with fatty involution and no evidence of tumor.’
- ‘In addition to the alveolar epithelial cells, host immune cells located outside the lung, such as splenic and thymic cells, undergo apoptosis during influenza infections.’
- ‘Final diagnoses included one bronchogenic cyst and one combined bronchogenic cyst and thymic hyperplasia.’
- ‘In addition, thymic atrophy occurs secondary to decreased thymic hormone secretion, which leads to decreased T-lymphocyte production.’
- ‘Progressive growth of a spontaneous T cell lymphoma, designated as Dalton's lymphoma, causes suppression of immune responses and thymic atrophy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.