One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the thymus gland.
- ‘In the course of achieving hemostasis, a thymectomy was performed.’
- ‘The purpose of this study is to analyze the results of thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis with or without the presence of a thymoma.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
- ‘Inadvertent surgical thymectomy may result in cell-mediated immune deficiencies in infants and young children.’
- ‘A discussion concerning the surgical approaches to thymectomy must first begin with the anatomy of the thymus itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.