Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical removal of the thymus gland.
- ‘Inadvertent surgical thymectomy may result in cell-mediated immune deficiencies in infants and young children.’
- ‘A discussion concerning the surgical approaches to thymectomy must first begin with the anatomy of the thymus itself.’
- ‘In the course of achieving hemostasis, a thymectomy was performed.’
- ‘The purpose of this study is to analyze the results of thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis with or without the presence of a thymoma.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.