One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the thymus gland.
- ‘A discussion concerning the surgical approaches to thymectomy must first begin with the anatomy of the thymus itself.’
- ‘Inadvertent surgical thymectomy may result in cell-mediated immune deficiencies in infants and young children.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
- ‘The purpose of this study is to analyze the results of thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis with or without the presence of a thymoma.’
- ‘In the course of achieving hemostasis, a thymectomy was performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.