One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of us will see showers which will become quite heavy and possibly even thundery.’
- ‘A cooler gusty southwest change in the evening with raised dust and thundery showers to follow.’
- ‘There will be thundery showers for the next 36 hours, especially in the east.’
- ‘But come Sunday, it's all change and there could be thundery downpours.’
- ‘A spokesman at Manchester Met Office said: ‘There is a good possibility of some thundery showers, particularly by the middle of the week.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.