One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shower of rain accompanied by thunder and lightning.
- ‘However welcome a few good showers might be, there is no doubt that getting drenched in a thundershower, is not a pleasurable experience.’
- ‘Sunday evening's thundershower whipped up hopes that the rains may be back.’
- ‘The weather is expected to clear along the coast today, although scattered thundershowers are expected over the Eastern Cape interior.’
- ‘Today's forecast for the eastern half of the province is cloudy and cool with widespread rain and thundershowers.’
- ‘It was a hot and sultry day, but towards evening there was a hint of a thundershower bringing some relief from the enervating heat.’
- ‘Yesterday in Taichung City, sudden thundershowers in the afternoon forced Taichung Airport to shut down for two hours.’
- ‘India Meteorological Department officials have predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall with thundershowers till Monday morning for Gujarat region.’
- ‘We are hoping for thunder showers in the area.’
- ‘That strong cold front still making its way through here bringing showers and thundershowers.’
- ‘There is the chance that next week or next month, there will be another burst or two of more widespread thundershowers.’
- ‘Unexpected thundershowers, beyond our control, caused a power outage at about midnight.’
- ‘The forecasts have been asking us to watch out for thunderclouds and thundershowers for a long while now.’
- ‘East London residents should prepare for more rain with thundershowers this afternoon but the rain is expected to lessen tomorrow.’
- ‘We're feeling the impact across much of Louisiana at this hour with showers and thundershowers.’
- ‘Summers were hot and dry except for occasional thundershowers.’
- ‘You can see northern California already getting hit hard with some heavy showers and thundershowers.’
- ‘Officials said that recent afternoon thundershowers have increased the water level in the river, further mitigating the effects of the pollution.’
- ‘It is not usual to have brief afternoon thundershowers in the summer.’
- ‘More than half the rain falls in the wet season from June through September and is associated with thundershowers, squalls, and tropical cyclones.’
- ‘According to officials of the weather department, parts of the city and suburbs will experience thundershowers and heavy rains during the next two days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.