One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The name Colobus is derived from the German language to mean thumbless, which is a characteristic of Colobus monkeys.’
- ‘With her fingers inside the thumbless muffs, she couldn't work the snaps, and that was so frustrating!’
- ‘He was the one who talked filth to Laura Dern in Wild At Heart and more recently played a thumbless Canadian spy in The English Patient.’
- ‘Pretty soon the clouds lifted and there in front of me were the peaks, soaring like a giant thumbless hand into the clouds.’
- ‘But despite worldwide disapproval, these thumbless inbreds are emigrating in droves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.