One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
preposition, adverb, & adjectiveNorth American
- nonstandard spelling of through
- ‘I decided the only way to make it thru the tournament and all the highs and lows was to make him a warrior.’
- ‘They have been thru a lot and so this is more than a wedding, it is a triumph of love.’
- ‘You have no experience and little or no knowledge about what you are going thru.’
- ‘Sophie snickered stupidly like the idiot she was, not even thinking the answer thru.’
- ‘Managers will be able to think thru problems more thoroughly and do so for longer periods of time.’
- ‘You help me to get thru each day without screaming at those around me.’
- ‘It looks like my dad will come out the Saturday after surgery and stay thru Thursday.’
- ‘Watch as they huddle in the bushes, then climb thru a few strands of barbed wire and run for freedom.’
- ‘About that time the kitchen picture window that we were looking thru began to bow in and out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.