One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appear too eager to become the sexual partner of.
- ‘She also knew that Melissa was a flirt and enjoyed throwing herself at men.’
- ‘I mean, how many other woman do I have to watch throw themselves at you?’
- ‘And single, willing men are throwing themselves at me as well, which is getting annoying.’
- ‘He sounded so sure of himself that I had to wonder how many girls readily threw themselves at him, eager for a date.’
- ‘She felt violated by the fact that he was treating her like some strumpet that would throw herself at him.’
- ‘I even considered going to his house (a forty-minute drive) some night and throwing myself at him, which is pathetic.’
- ‘I've seen groupies on the road and women just throwing themselves at you just because you're famous, and I hate that.’
- ‘Yet, I don't want to throw myself at him and be rejected and make the rest of the night painfully embarrassing for both of us.’
- ‘There were a lot of girls there, some of them famous and the others just rich snobby girls who throw themselves at all the guys.’
- ‘She is one sexy lady, she's had four fabulous men throw themselves at her in just three episodes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.