One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone of the prostacyclin type released from blood platelets. It induces platelet aggregation and arterial constriction.
- ‘Prostacyclin stops blood clotting while thromboxane, as the name suggests, induces thrombus formation.’
- ‘As a platelet is activated it can release ADP and thromboxane, both potent autocatalytic molecules.’
- ‘Cocaine enhances platelet aggregation as a result of increased levels of platelet agonists thromboxane [A.sub.2] and adrenaline.’
- ‘The sulfide metabolite of sulfinpyrazone affects platelet aggregation by inhibiting thromboxane production.’
- ‘Aspirin suppresses prostaglandin (which inhibits platelet activation and dilates blood vessels) and thromboxane (which encourages platelet activation and constricts vessels).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.