One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone of the prostacyclin type released from blood platelets. It induces platelet aggregation and arterial constriction.
- ‘Prostacyclin stops blood clotting while thromboxane, as the name suggests, induces thrombus formation.’
- ‘Aspirin suppresses prostaglandin (which inhibits platelet activation and dilates blood vessels) and thromboxane (which encourages platelet activation and constricts vessels).’
- ‘The sulfide metabolite of sulfinpyrazone affects platelet aggregation by inhibiting thromboxane production.’
- ‘As a platelet is activated it can release ADP and thromboxane, both potent autocatalytic molecules.’
- ‘Cocaine enhances platelet aggregation as a result of increased levels of platelet agonists thromboxane [A.sub.2] and adrenaline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.