One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme released from damaged cells, especially platelets, which converts prothrombin to thrombin during the early stages of blood coagulation.
- ‘A study in laboratory rats showed that ginsenosides increased coagulation time of thrombin and activated partial thromboplastin (aPTT).’
- ‘The tests that are performed are a complete blood count, blood chemistry, prothrombin time, partial thromboplastin time, electrocardiogram, and chest x-rays.’
- ‘The atrial fibrillation group also had more hematologic tests done, including more prothrombin and partial thromboplastin times.’
- ‘Indicated tests include a complete blood cell count with platelet count, a peripheral blood smear, and prothrombin and activated partial thromboplastin times.’
- ‘In the second stage, prothrombin is activated by thromboplastin to make thrombin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.