One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the wall of a vein with associated thrombosis, often occurring in the legs during pregnancy.
- ‘Ginger is therefore a good herb for people with a history of stroke or atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis and varicose veins.’
- ‘Lemierre's syndrome is characterised by internal jugular vein thrombophlebitis and septic pulmonary embolisation as a complication of pharyngotonsillitis.’
- ‘The infection may spread to involve the parapharyngeal or retropharyngeal spaces with complications including mediastinitis and septic thrombophlebitis.’
- ‘The most common adverse events with ertapenem therapy are diarrhea, nausea, headache, vaginitis in females, phlebitis / thrombophlebitis, and vomiting.’
- ‘Patients with a history of deep vein thrombosis or thrombophlebitis who have surgery should receive perioperative subcutaneous heparin prophylaxis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.