One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the wall of a vein with associated thrombosis, often occurring in the legs during pregnancy.
- ‘The infection may spread to involve the parapharyngeal or retropharyngeal spaces with complications including mediastinitis and septic thrombophlebitis.’
- ‘Patients with a history of deep vein thrombosis or thrombophlebitis who have surgery should receive perioperative subcutaneous heparin prophylaxis.’
- ‘Lemierre's syndrome is characterised by internal jugular vein thrombophlebitis and septic pulmonary embolisation as a complication of pharyngotonsillitis.’
- ‘Ginger is therefore a good herb for people with a history of stroke or atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis and varicose veins.’
- ‘The most common adverse events with ertapenem therapy are diarrhea, nausea, headache, vaginitis in females, phlebitis / thrombophlebitis, and vomiting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.