One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot that has become dislodged from another site in the circulation.
- ‘Patients with cancer who develop a thromboembolism should be treated in a similar manner to patients without cancer.’
- ‘Venous thromboembolisms kill more than 25,000 people in the UK every year according to a report released by the Commons Health Committee earlier this month.’
- ‘Systemic thromboembolism is a common complication of cardiac mural thrombosis.’
- ‘Pulmonary thromboembolism is a common complication in nephrotic patients.’
- ‘Venous thromboembolism is an uncommon occurrence in pregnancy but can be fatal in some cases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.