One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot that has become dislodged from another site in the circulation.
- ‘Systemic thromboembolism is a common complication of cardiac mural thrombosis.’
- ‘Patients with cancer who develop a thromboembolism should be treated in a similar manner to patients without cancer.’
- ‘Pulmonary thromboembolism is a common complication in nephrotic patients.’
- ‘Venous thromboembolism is an uncommon occurrence in pregnancy but can be fatal in some cases.’
- ‘Venous thromboembolisms kill more than 25,000 people in the UK every year according to a report released by the Commons Health Committee earlier this month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.