One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All she did was laugh a little more throatily and turn a delicate shade of blue.’
- ‘‘Mommy’ Emily whispered throatily, her voice filled with sleep.’
- ‘When the Irish anthem had finished the Irish supporters, numbering 30,000 at a conservative estimate, joined throatily in a rendition of La Marseillaise.’
- ‘‘Because he's a sexy demon,’ he murmured throatily.’
- ‘Back in 1875, Alexander Graham Bell clearly foresaw this development when, in making the very first phone call, he whispered throatily to his assistant: ‘Mr Watson, come here - I want you’.’
- ‘‘Excuse me,’ she muttered throatily before turning around and walking quickly out the swinging doors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.