One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the weeks up to Christmas, the thriftiness of shoppers left retailers worried as they feared people were saving for the sales.’
- ‘Moreover, from his low-church background Parks has also inherited a preference for puritan thriftiness which shows in his writing.’
- ‘Had their share of business activity been greater, their increase in thriftiness and prudence might have deepened or prolonged the recession.’
- ‘‘I called a lot of favours,’ says Tucker, of his considerable capacity for thriftiness.’
- ‘Of course it's more practical and economical to buy an inexpensive, bottom of the range import but, let's face it, there's little elegance in thriftiness, and no store of value.’
- ‘Strictly speaking, there is no gene for a sucking reflex, let alone for female coyness or Scottish thriftiness or cognizance of the concept of zero.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.