One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle with three wheels, especially a child's tricycle.
- ‘The team consists of six daring riders who perform a whole range of stunts from high jumps to wheelies on motorcycles, quad bikes and three-wheelers.’
- ‘As night fades, along the motorway bathed in early morning light, an unending line of vehicles including three-wheelers and motor cycles speed towards the town.’
- ‘Six two-wheelers, four three-wheelers and two cars occupy the same space as a bus.’
- ‘With its implementation, many buses, and two- and three-wheelers will go off the roads, and the traffic can be better managed.’
- ‘Besides brand new luxury cars, motorcycles and three-wheelers, the visitors can have a glimpse of almost all kinds of tractors and fertilizers.’
- ‘With lots of different exciting models to choose from, low riders and three-wheelers are unconventional offering you flexible options.’
- ‘Apart from cars, there are also three-wheelers, commercial and utility vehicles.’
- ‘The deaths took place after a seemingly minor incident involving a collision between a private bus and a three-wheeler taxi on the morning of April 28.’
- ‘Once the company had stopped fiddling about with three-wheelers and converted post office vans, it developed a recipe that served it well for nigh on 30 years.’
- ‘Funding is also available for indigenously manufactured buses, three-wheelers and cars which run on solar power.’
- ‘There is not a lot to do in those towns, so cars, motorcycles and three-wheelers become great methods to pass the slow, sleepy hours.’
- ‘But some of the measures, such as ban on three-wheelers on select roads and entry tax for private vehicles on some roads, were unlikely to go well with the public.’
- ‘Cyclists, horse carts, two-wheelers, three-wheelers and loaded lorries all jostled for their bit of space while horns blared and tempers got increasingly frayed.’
- ‘He also likes toy cars and riding his three-wheeler.’
- ‘Will the proposal to have dedicated lanes on main roads for two and three-wheelers help in smoother flow of traffic and perhaps reduce accidents?’
- ‘Vehicles behind it honk, two and three-wheelers manoeuvre all around it and amid the confusion, people are trying to scramble into it.’
- ‘Madurai's North and South Regional Transport Offices have together accorded permission for the operation of 50 such three-wheelers from the city to places that are up to 30 kilometres away from the terminus.’
- ‘There is parking space for private vans and three-wheelers outside the gates.’
- ‘His first car was a three-wheeler he built himself and being a member of the motor club led to him getting involved in car rallying and motorbike trials.’
- ‘There are bound to be electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers, big cars and even buses for city shuttle runs, as technology improves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.