Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A means of reproducing natural colors by combining photographic images in the three primary colors.
- ‘The three-colour process is at the heart of color reproduction on any type of paper.’
- ‘With the exception of black, every colour may be reproduced by the three-colour process, but it is necessary that the colours used be kept as clean as possible.’
- ‘The Printers Guild wanted new ways to manufacture better paper and were interested in a basic three-color process.’
- ‘The three-color process is designed for, and depends upon, three-strip separation negatives for its printing medium.’
- ‘The only way to reproduce a full spectrum of natural hues was with a three-color process.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.