One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The spinal cord, which runs from the brain down through the bony spinal column, contains thread-like nerves that branch off to every part of the body.’
- ‘So we left the chatter at the refreshment kiosk and did just that, explored the place off the beaten track, navigating rock to rock, picking up thread-like paths through the heather.’
- ‘Between 5 and 10 percent of stillborn babies have abnormalities involving their chromosomes, the tiny thread-like structures in each cell that carry our genes.’
- ‘Our body cells contain 23 pairs of thread-like structures called chromosomes.’
- ‘Genes, the organizers of inheritance, are composed of DNA, thread-like molecules which carry the hereditary instructions needed to build an organism and make it work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.