1A process in which unwanted facial hair is removed by using twisted cotton thread to pull the hair from the follicle.
- ‘Bear the ache of threading for shapely eyebrows.’
- ‘The ancient art of threading - a precision-perfect grooming technique - is a quick way to get them done.’
- ‘The hair removal itself was successful, I would love to be able to continue threading.’
- ‘Another plus of threading is that it can be done on very short hairs.’
The system by which consecutive messages relating to a single subject on a message board or newsgroup are stored for retrieval.
- ‘Several problems arise from handling forums as if they were e-mail lists, beginning with the issues of threading, which, as mentioned above, are different in e-mail and the Web.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.