One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A process in which unwanted facial hair is removed by using twisted cotton thread to pull the hair from the follicle.
- ‘The hair removal itself was successful, I would love to be able to continue threading.’
- ‘Another plus of threading is that it can be done on very short hairs.’
- ‘The ancient art of threading - a precision-perfect grooming technique - is a quick way to get them done.’
- ‘Bear the ache of threading for shapely eyebrows.’
The system by which consecutive messages relating to a single subject on a message board or newsgroup are stored for retrieval.
- ‘Several problems arise from handling forums as if they were e-mail lists, beginning with the issues of threading, which, as mentioned above, are different in e-mail and the Web.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.