One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The attempt to restrict ideas and impose opinions through censorship and the control of school curricula.
- ‘Those who expose the racism in history are accused of distorting historical truth and engineering thought control to serve an elite ideological cause.’
- ‘Why do we allow this thought control to exist and why are we so blind as to accept the orders of this secret bunch of vandals?’
- ‘Censorship taken to extremes is even worse - Stalin's Russia used it as a rudimentary method of thought control and the manipulation of the media for propaganda is commonplace even in the west in times of war.’
- ‘Basically, it is a form of thought control, or the imposing of a mind-script.’
- ‘The inventory of untested fears has always made humanity disastrously vulnerable to thought control.’
- ‘The idea of ‘freedom of speech’ has indeed suffered a set back, but a return to Soviet era thought control is not in the offing.’
- ‘If we find it unacceptable to even formulate theories that might support contentious views, we're heading toward thought control.’
- ‘If this is not a form of thought control, then the term has no meaning.’
- ‘This, arguably, is why patriotism is so important - it is a foundation stone of thought control.’
- ‘They can only be victims of western thought control.’
- ‘We must recognize and critique the various mechanisms of thought control be it religion, notions of behaviour, descriptions of identity, etc.’
- ‘Of the two, the Western system is a far more effective and insidious form of thought control.’
- ‘The irony, of course, is that the film was a note-perfect satire on the absurdities of organised religion, including its penchant for totalitarian thought control.’
- ‘Mass manipulation of language and thought control takes care of the political and social security of the elite.’
- ‘We don't need no education; we don't need no thought control.’
- ‘The land reform was completed in early 1953 but thought control continued.’
- ‘In the novel 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' rebellion was impossible because of thought control.’
- ‘Accusations of politically correct thought control have become a pathetic and transparent excuse for lazy racists and sexists the land over.’
- ‘Jefferson's fears of government thought control have come to fruition in the drug war.’
- ‘Local issues will be featured in an upcoming conference examining power politics and thought control in a democratic society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.