One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swelling of the tendon sheath above the hock of a horse, which may be pressed from inside to outside and vice versa.
- ‘Bone spavins, bogs, thoroughpins, and weakness are common to sickle hocks.’
- ‘This puts more stress on the hocks and the outside of the legs; bog spavins and thoroughpins can result.’
- ‘Shortly after this, the horse developed a thoroughpin and was kept from racing for the rest of the season.’
- ‘It turns out it is a thoroughpin; the vet drained the lump and then pumped it with cortisone.’
- ‘Does anyone have a horse with, or know a horse with thoroughpins?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.