One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are 4 rows of these on each side, from the vent rearward, with an equal number of rows of thornlike spines, the latter close set and directed rearward.’
- ‘It outcompetes forage grasses, and its thornlike prickles pose a threat to workers picking vegetable crops in infested areas.’
- ‘The sharp, thornlike spines along its leaves arch away from the leaf tip instead of towards it.’
- ‘Often the dendrites have tiny, thornlike spines on their surfaces, which serve as contact points for parts of other neurons.’
- ‘This is a defense posture they use in the wild, as they are heavily armored from top to sides with sharp thornlike scales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.