One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine.
- ‘Ovoid vertebral bodies are seen in the thoracic spine with an associated thoracolumbar scoliosis.’
- ‘Anteriorly, posteriorly, and laterally, it is bounded by the thoracolumbar fascia, and medially, by the spinous processes, interspinous ligaments, and attachments of the thoracolumbar fascia.’
- ‘Three positions are required to observe the thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbar levels of the spine.’
- ‘The structure of the interspinous ligament suggests that its main function is to attach the thoracolumbar fascia to the posterior spine.’
- ‘The thoracic and thoracolumbar regions are, respectively, involved in 48 and 30% of patients with idiopathic scoliosis.’
- 1.1 Denoting the sympathetic nervous system.‘thoracolumbar sympathetic complex’
- ‘They are probably sensory fibers of the thoracolumbar system, possibly modulating the pain of esophageal mucosal inflammation.’
- ‘The thoracolumbar pathway seems to have evolved along with the vascular supply to the gastrointestinal tract, for its tracts of nerve fibers follow the blood supply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.