Relating to the thorax.
- ‘The sympathetic nerve supply to the lung arises in the upper six thoracic segments of the spinal cord.’
- ‘Effective speech depends also on the motor neurons in the cervical and thoracic parts of the spinal cord that serve the muscles of breathing.’
- ‘The left bronchial arteries, usually two, arise from the ventral surface of the thoracic aorta.’
- ‘Abdominal and proximal thoracic aortic aneurysms developed a few years later.’
- ‘The rib cage presses down on the pelvis, reducing thoracic and abdominal space.’