Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The theology of Thomas Aquinas or of his followers.
- ‘Does this mean Leo XIII was wrong, or that St. Pius X, Benedict XV, Pius XI, and Pius XII were mistaken in their repeated affirmation that Thomism is the philosophy of the Church?’
- ‘That Thomism was of immense importance in cultural history no one can doubt.’
- ‘Humanistic values, Thomism, Augustinianism, paganism, mysticism and the new science exist side by side with one another.’
- ‘The Leonine revival of Thomism stressed the primacy of divine over natural law and gave the clerical reconquest of Christian civilization a philosophical rationale.’
- ‘Finlay's prose, some of it gathered here, is often rewarding theologically in spite of its tendentious Thomism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.