One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
- ‘When the ice melted, which it did quickly, the sudden reduction in weight caused a thirtyfold increase in volcanic activity, creating the numerous volcanic mountains that now dominate the landscape.’
- ‘A thousandfold increase in the computer time invested in the task has brought a thirtyfold improvement in precision.’
- ‘The gap between the richest and poorest one-fifths of the world is now about onehundredfold, whereas 30 years ago it was about thirtyfold or fortyfold.’
- ‘The result is a thirtyfold increase in the detection sensitivity when the system is operating near the lasing threshold.’
- ‘Since then, transfer fees have multiplied thirtyfold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.