One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even as the bubbly was popped, the man being fêted for his stunning achievement thirstily quaffed a few glasses.’
- ‘I finished the book quickly, ravenously devouring its words, drinking its phrases thirstily, like a person long deprived of water.’
- ‘By the early 1980s, Americans were thirstily knocking back more than three million cases a year.’
- ‘Come July and August, with crops drinking thirstily from the canal, the riverbed below the diversion often dried up completely.’
- ‘The end of the night saw me drinking thirstily from the punch bowl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.