One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The end of the night saw me drinking thirstily from the punch bowl.’
- ‘Even as the bubbly was popped, the man being fêted for his stunning achievement thirstily quaffed a few glasses.’
- ‘By the early 1980s, Americans were thirstily knocking back more than three million cases a year.’
- ‘I finished the book quickly, ravenously devouring its words, drinking its phrases thirstily, like a person long deprived of water.’
- ‘Come July and August, with crops drinking thirstily from the canal, the riverbed below the diversion often dried up completely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.