One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an activity, food, etc.) causing thirst.
thirst-provoking, thirsty, hot, strenuous, arduous, heavy, tiring, exhaustingView synonyms
- ‘Salt also is 'flavor-giving', 'flavor-enhancing', vital for life, thirst-making and a great preservative.’
- ‘We stopped by here on the way back from a very thirst-making walk by Ullswater.’
- ‘Shopping in a market can be a very thirst-provoking occasion.’
- ‘The match was very thirst making but it was good for us to practise.’
- ‘The Hydration Pack is perfect for thirst-making outdoor sports.’
- ‘Their days had been spent either in dry, dusty, flea-bitten and scorpion-ridden boredom, or in equally dusty and much more thirst-making hard labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.