A synthetic crystalline compound used in photography and the manufacture of synthetic resins.
- ‘All three have been shown to be active in a variety of yeast-based screens and there is some evidence that urethane and thiourea may induce free radicals in yeast cells.’
- ‘Isothiocyanate reacts spontaneously with amino groups to form thiourea which interferes in the thyroid gland with the organification of iodide and the formation of thyroid hormone.’
- ‘Though the mutagenic activity of ethylene thiourea is well documented, very little is known about the deleterious effects of zineb.’
- ‘However, the presence of thiourea in the RB prevents effective protein alkylation by IAA.’
- ‘IPI test results indicate the thiourea in the formula is the effective ingredient, converting image silver to stable silver sulfide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.