One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The starters were poor, though, a thinnish seafood broth with chunks of tinned tomato expiring at the bottom and a ham hough terrine that, while chunkily rustic, contained too much gristle for comfort.’
- ‘The carambola, or five-finger fruit, has a mild but sweet taste, and a thinnish skin.’
- ‘Although a thinnish volume, be prepared to allow double the time it would usually take to read another book of similar length.’
- ‘Shake a thinnish layer of instant gravy granules over the mix and stir the whole from edge to centre until it's all absorbed.’
- ‘She's thinnish and ascetic-looking but quite attractive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.