One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She's thinnish and ascetic-looking but quite attractive.’
- ‘The starters were poor, though, a thinnish seafood broth with chunks of tinned tomato expiring at the bottom and a ham hough terrine that, while chunkily rustic, contained too much gristle for comfort.’
- ‘The carambola, or five-finger fruit, has a mild but sweet taste, and a thinnish skin.’
- ‘Shake a thinnish layer of instant gravy granules over the mix and stir the whole from edge to centre until it's all absorbed.’
- ‘Although a thinnish volume, be prepared to allow double the time it would usually take to read another book of similar length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.