One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be ambitious.‘to trade in a heavyweight world market we must think big’
- ‘I have always thought big and it seems to have paid off.’
- ‘It thinks big, has a vision of the future and measures each step it will take.’
- ‘It has a wonderful under-age structure and everybody involved in the club thinks big about all issues, always wanting to improve.’
- ‘In business terms and culturally we are very similar: a small people thinking big, and I urge any ambitious company to go for it.’
- ‘This gives them a double chance, and must give them the incentive to think big.’
- ‘His energy was unflagging, he thought big and bold.’
- ‘‘I went in thinking big and the idea got pared down a bit,’ she says.’
- ‘Donald learned the business from his father, but with a twist: He thought big, very BIG.’
- ‘The logo is the mark of a bank thinking big and growing into an ambitious and resplendent entity.’
- ‘Under his chairmanship, the club thought big and aimed high - then ultimately fell hard when the dreams failed to come true and the lavish spending off the pitch failed to translate into success on it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.